Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 2011

Seems that the Renaissance has finished it's renovations-will be checking it out in a couple weeks!

The old Days Inn is now a rebranded Holiday Inn. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks-from the outside, as if it has been renovated. Again, I haven't seen it so I can't recommend it.

The Wyndham Garden is NOT a place we suggest. BUT I did take a tour about a month ago and saw 4 or 5 different room types. That hotel is in the midst of a renovation and the rooms looked nice, and clean! (I got a good look at a couple of them, I peeked under the beds, scrutinized the bathrooms, etc.) It does offer a package sometimes, but again, many places will have a park and cruise package for a reason...TO GET BUSINESS into a mediocre hotel.

If you got stuck there for a night due to a bumped flight, it would probably be OK, but I wouldn't stay there on purpose unless absolutely necessary.

Ate at the Brownstone Diner in Jersey City a couple weeks back! Delicious pancakes! VERY busy place. Huge portions! Worth a visit if you have a car. They have a minuscule parking lot, but there is street parking (not free, but cheap-I parked in front of the hospital across the street.)

No comments: